1 post • joined 28 Jul 2006
I heard an evolutionary explanation for snoring -
The explanation was that it is an advantage for hunting animals to sleep and wake together. So snoring is a signal to the pack that everyone needs some shut eye. Then the pack will wake together and hunt as a pack more effectively.
This seems reasonable to me and fits two other aspects of snoring. 1. It is catching, which it would have to be to get the whole pack sleeping. 2. It is animals that hunt in packs that snore - dogs, lions, humans.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015