1 post • joined 28 Jul 2006
I heard an evolutionary explanation for snoring -
The explanation was that it is an advantage for hunting animals to sleep and wake together. So snoring is a signal to the pack that everyone needs some shut eye. Then the pack will wake together and hunt as a pack more effectively.
This seems reasonable to me and fits two other aspects of snoring. 1. It is catching, which it would have to be to get the whole pack sleeping. 2. It is animals that hunt in packs that snore - dogs, lions, humans.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?