1 post • joined 28 Jul 2006
I heard an evolutionary explanation for snoring -
The explanation was that it is an advantage for hunting animals to sleep and wake together. So snoring is a signal to the pack that everyone needs some shut eye. Then the pack will wake together and hunt as a pack more effectively.
This seems reasonable to me and fits two other aspects of snoring. 1. It is catching, which it would have to be to get the whole pack sleeping. 2. It is animals that hunt in packs that snore - dogs, lions, humans.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices