1 post • joined 28 Jul 2006
I heard an evolutionary explanation for snoring -
The explanation was that it is an advantage for hunting animals to sleep and wake together. So snoring is a signal to the pack that everyone needs some shut eye. Then the pack will wake together and hunt as a pack more effectively.
This seems reasonable to me and fits two other aspects of snoring. 1. It is catching, which it would have to be to get the whole pack sleeping. 2. It is animals that hunt in packs that snore - dogs, lions, humans.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean