2 posts • joined 3 Dec 2007
Ustrung Quotes GSMA Director as saying....
Yes but the GSMA also said,
“There is clear evidence that the volume of data flowing over mobile networks is growing rapidly and is being accelerated by the popularity of smart phones and the growth in music and video downloads,” said Tom Phillips, Chief Regulatory Affairs Officer at the GSMA. “The report highlights that the 2.6 GHz band will allow operators to address rapidly increasing traffic volumes in an efficient and harmonised way. Recent licensing of this band in Hong Kong, Norway, Finland and Sweden, for example, has highlighted that there is more demand for paired (FDD) than unpaired spectrum (TDD) and that the ITU’s recommended Option 1** plan is the best structure to stimulate market growth in a technology-neutral and competitive environment.”
from this link, http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=186640, under the heading of "Report: 2.6GHz Spectrum Key for LTE".
Interfaced one of these to a PDP 11/70 back in '76
Did my internship/degree work experience with Digital Equipment Corp. and one of my projects was to interface a PDP 11/70 as a front-end processor used to load jobs and retrieve output. Went on and did the same for a 7600 as well.
Never forget the wiring, point to point shielded twisted pair and coax!!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?