1 post • joined 30 Nov 2007
many options possible
I've seen documents describing the "European Citizens Card", but even many in the SmartCard Industry don't know the exact specifications. Many things remain optional, for exampe the use of the ECC as a travel document may not be implmented in the UK, but it likely would be in Germany. One things is clear, the card - or a variation of it is quite likely to happen, especially as a counter to unplanned EU immigration, (ECC = Health/Benefit Entitlement Card)
However it may not be a card! I suspect it will (2012) end-up being an embedded technology in , for example, daughter of Nokia 6131 NFC or the equivalent Sagem GSM...
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU