1 post • joined 30 Nov 2007
many options possible
I've seen documents describing the "European Citizens Card", but even many in the SmartCard Industry don't know the exact specifications. Many things remain optional, for exampe the use of the ECC as a travel document may not be implmented in the UK, but it likely would be in Germany. One things is clear, the card - or a variation of it is quite likely to happen, especially as a counter to unplanned EU immigration, (ECC = Health/Benefit Entitlement Card)
However it may not be a card! I suspect it will (2012) end-up being an embedded technology in , for example, daughter of Nokia 6131 NFC or the equivalent Sagem GSM...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests