2 posts • joined 28 Nov 2007
ST-Ericsson not a big enough competitor?
Something I cannot understand: why is it bad that the three European mobile platforms makers (ST, NXP-Philips and EMP-Ericsson) create a big enough joint venture to compete against Qualcomm?
Theoretically at least, they have product portfolio, R&D muscle and customer base to continue building chipsets, software and mobile platforms for a long time. And, for competition's sake, it is probably better to have two big companies than one huge dominant player + three or four dwarves...
Check the GSMA standard board for NFC
They are defining two 'flat battery' working modes:
- one when the mobile seems shut down, but there is some power left
- one totally powerless, so the SIM and NFC chip are powered from the reader (like the typical RFID tag)
So there's still some hope left.
You can check it up here:
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS