9 posts • joined Sunday 25th November 2007 03:45 GMT
This actually happened 2-3 days ago
And I made them aware within about 5 seconds of them posting the 'spam' initially.
They did remove it within seconds but hey, it's the internet.
@ Cynicism by AC
To be fair, pubs get 90% of their glasses for free by promotion, though granted the pub will eventually pick up the "bill" via increased costs of ales, beers, spirits, hell even post-mix
to the AC with Windows 8
when I type SET into my cmd window
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
in XP i would get something like
Microsoft Windows [Version 5.1.2600]
Copyright (c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
IT's going by NT version numbers/codebase, not the old, and now legacy "386"/DOS codebase
Windows 7 should therefore TECHNICALLY (speculation) be NT version 7
The fac tthe Milestones are on 6.x codebases still is fine, Vista was too til later beta's. They're still in alpha dont forget.
I guess the true test will be, wait until RTM, and see if it registered as 6.1/6.2/6.5 or as NT 7.0.xxxx
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- AT&T adds 61¢ 'Mobility Administrative Fee' for users
- Updated Reports: New Xbox could DOOM second-hand games market