1 post • joined 24 Nov 2007
Tony, I had a similar problem with my iMac G5/ 1.8MHz system. The fan would roar shortly after startup, and then the system would become unresponsive. I ran the Apple Hardware Test from the restoration CD which revealed a defective RAM module. When I exchanged the module, everything worked like an Apple should. Flawlessly. Give it a try. That would be a simple fix.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft