1 post • joined 24 Nov 2007
Tony, I had a similar problem with my iMac G5/ 1.8MHz system. The fan would roar shortly after startup, and then the system would become unresponsive. I ran the Apple Hardware Test from the restoration CD which revealed a defective RAM module. When I exchanged the module, everything worked like an Apple should. Flawlessly. Give it a try. That would be a simple fix.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats