Re: What about Long Wave?
I heard the BBC had reduced R4 LW power by half.
I know it has been much worse at dawn and dusk than it was and there is interference more often. But is this the season, more chargers or the BBC reducing power?
There is a problem with CE mark and lack of policing:
1) The EMC limits are too high
2) They are not properly tested in terms of radiation from the house wiring
3) Radiation from Lighting wiring is worse as often it's loops, not "Twin and earth"
4) It's self certified, so often the product doesn't really meet CE
5) The capacitors in CFL /LED lamps "dry out" with age and the interference rises due to heat from lamp
6) Powerline/Homeplug adaptors are not realistically tested. All basically would fail CE if "real life" testing used.
7) Individual models of TV or charger can lack filter components (deliberately or accidentally), but neighbour has no idea why the Radio is poor or who to complain to.
8) Ofcom (and Comreg in Ireland) are trying/have offloaded Spectrum protection/complains to others and it's nearly impossible to get them to investigate. Even though it's one of their primary roles and ordinary Domestic reception is protected by Wireless Telegraphy Acts, EMC directives signed into law, EU and International Treaty.
You have no "absolute" right to have a newspaper delivered every day. You do have an Internationally agreed right to receive Broadcast without jamming, even from another country if it's not on a frequency allocated to your more local national transmitter.
Mines the one with a Spectrum Analyser in the pocket