A symptom of CE
The problem is the CE mark is now useless. It needs scrapped and a new mark:
1) The ! isn't good enough to indicate non-universal EU. If it isn't universal EU, no mark.
2) Must be 3rd party tested for safety, EMI, RFI, compliance with advertising claims and other regulator features, in REALISTIC and WORSE case scenarios. Actually connected and in use, not just plugged in etc.
3) Must have random sample inspection from Retail. Otherwise makers will cheat and ship cheaper different thing to what is shipped.
4) Non-compliance Fines that seriously hurt. Levelled against Maker and importer.
5) Compensation to Retail and Consumers
6) Serial number (barcode or RFID) read a time of sale. No need to have receipt or be original purchaser to claim rights for failure under SOGA, as many items are now never returned. EU database so you can return to ANY shop and Wholesale + Maker has to pay costs. It's unfairly on Retailer at present. Retailers can't test.
7) Fine and loss of Mark if the failure rate inside SOGA period is too high