3 posts • joined 12 Mar 2007
Thames, but not the Severn
Yes, typical that the slightly expanded Thames gets pointed out, but the huge areas of the Severn and Avon valleys that are equally (if not more) visible are ignored.
Remind me where the 300,000 people without running water are again? It's not in the southeast, so I suppose we shouldn't be interested, right? After all, the government didn't get interested until the Thames started flooding.
The Columbus & Fulton argument deployed
From the bbc.co.uk story: ...But Mast Sanity declared "history has shown that many now commonly accepted physical conditions were initially dismissed as psychological"...
I love it when a group titled 'Mast Sanity' deploys the Columbus & Fulton argument.
In the words of Carl Sagan: "The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
I suspect that maybe Bozo the Clown is a paid-up member of 'Mast Sanity'.
Haven't they seen 'The Terminator'?
Only 'Military Intelligence' (sic) could come up with a system called Skynet...
Coming soon: the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101, complete with authentic Austrian accent
At least we can be sure that, being a British military project it will be very, very late and almost certainly won't work (viz. Bowman radios).
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...