3 posts • joined 13 Nov 2007
"I hope this hasn't put any of you folks off satellites. Statistically speaking, its still the safest way to communicate."
That's gold, but not once have any of my fibres crashed into another leaving a cloud of debris, let alone of which the threat "hasn't been fully determined yet"
So yeah, keep your satellites, I'll stick with fibre thanx, anyway, it's a helluva lot easier to resplice a cut fibre than to launch a new satellite*
*Admittedly I've never launched a satellite but I suspect it's not that easy, else I prolly would've had a crack by now!
RE: 3rd World of Data
The network in Oz spoken about above was built by the incumbent and it is ludicrously expensive, you guys don't know just how good you've got it.
@c - Australia is not the least densely populated continent, that 'honour' goes to Antarctica, we do come close though.
This is classic to any Aussie from outside of Victoria.
'Aussie Rules' or AFL, is referred to by most non-Mexicans as GayFL!
Maybe the tattooist could read the note OK, he's just been to, or has friends, in Oz.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer