1 post • joined 13 Nov 2007
Tesco 360 Error
Well here is an interesting update if somebody hasnt already beat me to it.
Tescos pricing error came about because of it's Price Checking software.
Richard Branson on his Virgin site apparantly knowing that Tescos scan his prices deliberately reduced the price of his Xbo360 package for a limited time to £35. He did this hoping the price checker would pick up on it and offer a similar deal which it did. Virgin did indeed honour the limited console sales and then quickly put the price back up leaving Tescos with the cheaper deal and exposing their pricing system.
So Tesco may have a problem which is now in the hands of BBC watch dog.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...