6 posts • joined 7 Nov 2007
Internet Cloud Connectivity
The average company connecting to cloud services is doing it over their standard Internet connection without dedicated leased lines etc direct to their cloud providers. If there is a big outage on the Internet, however localised, a lot of companies are going to be a lot of thinking about resiliant access to the Internet and hence accessing the cloud services whereas most have been worried about uptime of the cloud services themselves.
Re: Echo and SCORE (Needles in space)
Crazy but true as an early communications relay idea
Cars don't travel on Eurostar
Well they don't ...
Who could forget
Go get a left handed shovel
Get some glass nails
People in authority thinking they know about fires - a long history
Sir Thomas Bloodworth was unimpressed to be woken one night to inspect a fire. "A woman could pi** it out" was his comment on the situation at hand.
Little did he know how imortal his words would become given that
1. He was Lord Mayor of London
2. He was looking at Pudding Lane
3. It was 1666
4. Samuel Pepys was writing a diary
Barcelona/Bilbao there all in Portugal aren't they?
I think The Guggenheim Museum you're referring to is in Bilbao, northern Spain rather than Barcelona.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about