3 posts • joined 7 Mar 2007
RE:Risible level of research
As opposed to all those M$ Sponsored secirty consultants..that assert Windows is more secure etc etc etc
TBH its a non-story, tat wont effect anything More worrying the fact that the £1 is now worth $2 ... and we still pay the same numerical price as in the states for Windows...
So in fact its us poor brits who are sub-sidising M$ ..
lawsuits Not royalties... and other things
this calculation is based on "patent-related lawsuits and settlements." not royalty payments, which are a valid part of the OS if included. If M$ want to pass the charge on to customers, then they can, and nobody is arguing with that.
"power users included have problems installing and configuring it." .. Yes, but once it is configured it doesn't need to be reinstalled every 6 months. Normal everyday users should not need to "Install or configure" Windows never mind Linux, end of. new ideas like the Zero configuration Linux Distros are testement to this.
It'll be Emperor Tony once he's swept away all mindless bureaucracy of the old republic..
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked