3 posts • joined Wednesday 7th March 2007 15:53 GMT
RE:Risible level of research
As opposed to all those M$ Sponsored secirty consultants..that assert Windows is more secure etc etc etc
TBH its a non-story, tat wont effect anything More worrying the fact that the £1 is now worth $2 ... and we still pay the same numerical price as in the states for Windows...
So in fact its us poor brits who are sub-sidising M$ ..
lawsuits Not royalties... and other things
this calculation is based on "patent-related lawsuits and settlements." not royalty payments, which are a valid part of the OS if included. If M$ want to pass the charge on to customers, then they can, and nobody is arguing with that.
"power users included have problems installing and configuring it." .. Yes, but once it is configured it doesn't need to be reinstalled every 6 months. Normal everyday users should not need to "Install or configure" Windows never mind Linux, end of. new ideas like the Zero configuration Linux Distros are testement to this.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?