2 posts • joined 7 Mar 2007
Don't use your ISP's mail service
Keeping your email with your ISP is a mug/newbie's game, you don't want to be prevented from leaving your lame duck ISP because all your contacts have that address.
I suggest setting up an account with fastmail.fm and buying a domain. That way you have control of your mail. Though I do have sympathy with all those who have found out the hard way.
boo hoo, mp3 is patented, so support ogg vorbis
It's a sad state of affairs that the hardware manufacturers allow patent trolls to bully them.
They alone have the power to move everyone to ogg vorbis support, and out of the vicious circle of existing device support fuelling new device demand cycle.
Never mind the fact I think patents are just plain bad for our (uk) economy.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE