Most people seem to have missed the point here. The eco-turrurists harping on about the benefits of mass leccy tech adoption when we're facing going back to tallow lamps and horse and cart.(Boris, you've been warned!!!...get a shovel)
CHARTER OF INTELLECTUAL ACADEMIC RIGHTS AND DUTIES:
1. Every academic has the duty to search for the truth and the right to teach it.
2. Every academic has the right and the duty to question anything that interests him, provided he does it in a rational manner.
3. Every academic has the right to make mistakes and the duty to correct them upon detecting them.
4. Every academic has the duty to expose bunk, whether popular or academic.
5. Every academic has the duty to express himself in the clearest possible way.
6. Every academic has the right to discuss any unorthodox views that interest him, provided those views are clear enough to be discussed rationally.
7. No academic has the right to present as true ideas that he cannot justify in terms of either reason or experience.
8. Nobody has the right to engage knowingly in any academic industry.
9. Every academic body has the duty to adopt and enforce the most rigorous known standards of scholarship and learning.
10. Every academic body has the duty to be intolerant to both counterculture and counterfeit culture.
(Excerpt taken from Bunge, Mario; Charlatanism in Academia; Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Volume 775, The Flight From Science and Reason; pp. 110-111; New York, NY, 1996