4 posts • joined Monday 5th March 2007 23:19 GMT
US Senator != Iowa state senator
Just an editorial tip for UK staff... a "US Senator" is one of 100 people who get to grandstand on national TV, work with (or against) the President on national legislation, spend far too much of their time fundraising, and have an opportunity for dabbling in moral hypocrisy on a grand scale. In contrast, an "Iowa state senator" has a degree of influence in Iowa, no doubt, but for most of the rest of the nation he is just "some guy from Iowa".
Pivo... where have I heard that word before?
Oh yeah... It's the Czech word for "beer"!
Jedne pivo prozim!
Tsk, the sort of Jedi you get these days....
"The Samurai sword ban is only the first step toward compulsory lightsabre confiscations," [Jedi Temple (Neasden) spokesman Indi-Anna Jones] said. "Everyone knows George Lucas based his series on the Japanese film The Seven Samurai - the Jedi will be next."
Actually... Lucas based his series on The Hidden Fortress. With slip-ups like this, no wonder the UK Jedi have such poor representation in Parliament.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene