4 posts • joined Thursday 18th October 2007 23:00 GMT
2nd Gen ipod still useful
Still have my 2nd Gen iPod from December 2002 - and found an alternative use a couple of days ago. Internal hard disc died on my iMac, so installed Snow Leopard on the iPod via firewire and ran the iMac for a couple of days from there while waiting for a replacement hard disc to arrive. The iMac was surprisingly useful from the external iPod, although the boot time was horrendous.
Used this setup to update an iPod touch to iOS 5 too.
Hang on, your units are all messed up! As any fule knows; the correct units for volume are:
# Walnut = 0.16gf
# Chicken's egg = 0.35gf
# Bulgarian airbag (C-cup Posh Spice - allegedly) = 1.1gf
# Bulgarian funbag (DD-cup Jordan) = 3.27gf
# Football = 11.07gf
# Olympic-sized swimming pool = 4,780,114gf
# Known universe
(As defined in http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/24/vulture_central_standards/). Can we have an update with correct units?
@John A Blackley
The French humane solution: they ask us for our results with the goats!
PS Why does everyone want to get me?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire