4 posts • joined 18 Oct 2007
2nd Gen ipod still useful
Still have my 2nd Gen iPod from December 2002 - and found an alternative use a couple of days ago. Internal hard disc died on my iMac, so installed Snow Leopard on the iPod via firewire and ran the iMac for a couple of days from there while waiting for a replacement hard disc to arrive. The iMac was surprisingly useful from the external iPod, although the boot time was horrendous.
Used this setup to update an iPod touch to iOS 5 too.
Hang on, your units are all messed up! As any fule knows; the correct units for volume are:
# Walnut = 0.16gf
# Chicken's egg = 0.35gf
# Bulgarian airbag (C-cup Posh Spice - allegedly) = 1.1gf
# Bulgarian funbag (DD-cup Jordan) = 3.27gf
# Football = 11.07gf
# Olympic-sized swimming pool = 4,780,114gf
# Known universe
(As defined in http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/24/vulture_central_standards/). Can we have an update with correct units?
Anyone else click on this link expecting to see playmobil?
No? Just me then...
@John A Blackley
The French humane solution: they ask us for our results with the goats!
PS Why does everyone want to get me?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked