6 posts • joined 18 Oct 2007
Re: Isn't a number that is almost infinite, er, infinite?
0.999 recurring is equal to 1.0, not almost equal. Here's a test: 1-0.999… equals zero.
Re: Tried to change password ..
I found the close account option quicker than the change password option - so used that approach instead.
2nd Gen ipod still useful
Still have my 2nd Gen iPod from December 2002 - and found an alternative use a couple of days ago. Internal hard disc died on my iMac, so installed Snow Leopard on the iPod via firewire and ran the iMac for a couple of days from there while waiting for a replacement hard disc to arrive. The iMac was surprisingly useful from the external iPod, although the boot time was horrendous.
Used this setup to update an iPod touch to iOS 5 too.
Hang on, your units are all messed up! As any fule knows; the correct units for volume are:
# Walnut = 0.16gf
# Chicken's egg = 0.35gf
# Bulgarian airbag (C-cup Posh Spice - allegedly) = 1.1gf
# Bulgarian funbag (DD-cup Jordan) = 3.27gf
# Football = 11.07gf
# Olympic-sized swimming pool = 4,780,114gf
# Known universe
(As defined in http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/24/vulture_central_standards/). Can we have an update with correct units?
Anyone else click on this link expecting to see playmobil?
No? Just me then...
@John A Blackley
The French humane solution: they ask us for our results with the goats!
PS Why does everyone want to get me?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'