4 posts • joined 16 Oct 2007
Re: if one were to buy a brand new Jaguar or Land Rover.....
You would be buying a TATA. Ford sold JLR back in 2008.
Yes, Arthur C. Clarke did describe geo-stationary orbit in a book, but it wasn't a Sci-Fi book, it was a rocket science book! He also a published a paper in the British Interplanetary Society journal and Wireless World.
'Extra-Terrestrial Relays — Can Rocket Stations Give Worldwide Radio Coverage?', published in Wireless World in October 1945
Car Registration Passwords
Even better would be to use *someone else's* car registration, not your own, or at the very least not your current car's registration. Unfortunately this technique doesn't work if the requirement is for a minimum of 8 characters. If so you could always use two registrations, which gives 14 characters of mixed numbers and letters and should be fairly memorable.
Why have a successful speed reduction campaign when you can reduce the speed limit to 20 mph in towns and collect all those lovely speeding fines?
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor