1 post • joined 16 Oct 2007
IBM TSM does CDP, etc.
Contrary to the article Tivoli Storage Manager does do CDP today.
Also Data De-duplication is supported at the hardware level on IBM's N-Series storage controllers (which work fine as TSM disk pools) and is in the roadmap for a software-only solution.
And with TSM's incremental-forever design there is much less duplication than other backup products to start with.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe