1 post • joined 16 Oct 2007
IBM TSM does CDP, etc.
Contrary to the article Tivoli Storage Manager does do CDP today.
Also Data De-duplication is supported at the hardware level on IBM's N-Series storage controllers (which work fine as TSM disk pools) and is in the roadmap for a software-only solution.
And with TSM's incremental-forever design there is much less duplication than other backup products to start with.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro