1 post • joined 16 Oct 2007
IBM TSM does CDP, etc.
Contrary to the article Tivoli Storage Manager does do CDP today.
Also Data De-duplication is supported at the hardware level on IBM's N-Series storage controllers (which work fine as TSM disk pools) and is in the roadmap for a software-only solution.
And with TSM's incremental-forever design there is much less duplication than other backup products to start with.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…