1 post • joined 16 Oct 2007
IBM TSM does CDP, etc.
Contrary to the article Tivoli Storage Manager does do CDP today.
Also Data De-duplication is supported at the hardware level on IBM's N-Series storage controllers (which work fine as TSM disk pools) and is in the roadmap for a software-only solution.
And with TSM's incremental-forever design there is much less duplication than other backup products to start with.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor