I'm betting that MS has a worse standing than Blackberry by now.
- BB10 has the FIPS 140-2 certification, so they get to keep US Gov contracts, and have an edge over the fruity phone which lacks this cert, and WinPhone8 possibly lacks this as well, given that WP7 lacks it.
- MS has a thing on abandoning mobile platforms. Just ask anyone who used Windows CE before it "morphed" into WinMo. Or those who developed for WinMo. Then more recently the WinPhone7 OS. By now, betting on WinPhone8 would be like betting on a Pinto not catching fire.
- BB10 had something of a "beta" version in the form of the PlayBook OS. So there are already developers familiar with it.
- BB10's QNX legacy means it has features that no other OS has, like being able to share stuff between same devices (check out PlayBook Confetti)
- As the article mentioned, a pretty large user base still remains hooked to BBM.
So maybe BB does have a chance to overtake MS....