1 post • joined 10 Oct 2007
re: is this the answer to intel
It could be, for a while at least, if they can get both the X4 9500 & X4 9600 prices under that of the Intel Q6600 (circa. £185). No doubt, Intel will counter with a price drop for the Q6600, anyway. I think the X2 6400 is about £160 at the moment; this'd be a price point for AMD to intro the 9500, to get my AM2 boards rapidly upgraded to quad cores. Maybe the 9600 at a similar price to the Q6600 is at present? I'd probably go straight for the 9600 if the price difference isn't too big (unlike with the X2 6000 vs. X2 6400 at nearly 50% more, at present). Though, the X2 6400 intro'ed at about £220, if I remember correctly. If this price, or higher, is held for the new 9600 part, then it'd certainly slow my multiple purchase.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: Apple orders 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion