3 posts • joined 10 Oct 2007
Hindus and Jews are protected in this country under race discrimination legislation, as they are recognised as distinct races. Homosexual people should also be protected as - and I'll say it again - sexual orientation is not a matter of choice.
Catholicism, Islam, Astrology, Scientology are all things one chooses to believe in, and not something you are born with.
Why should Catholics be immune from ridicule whilst David Icke isn't? Just because there are more of them? Believing that the world is run by a race of alien lizards, or that we are decended from Thetans doesn't seem any more daft to me than transubstantiation or the concept of original sin. It's all a load of bollocks.
"Interestingly made point about it being okay to ridicule people for something that is their own choice. Not really. It's still ignorant. Sure it's okay to disagree with beliefs, but not to foster hatred of communities through mockery, and this could be the (unintended) consequence of your ridicule."
So we can't ridicule Astrology? Scientology? David Icke?
Come off it. Just because nonsense is popular doesn't make is any less nonsensical.
Not the same thing
Being Jewish, Catholic, Muslim or whatever, are something you CHOOSE to be and therefore are valid subjects for ridicule.
Being a homosexual, Welsh, or both, is something you're born with, and are not.
Are we all clear now?
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'