3 posts • joined Wednesday 10th October 2007 16:33 GMT
Hindus and Jews are protected in this country under race discrimination legislation, as they are recognised as distinct races. Homosexual people should also be protected as - and I'll say it again - sexual orientation is not a matter of choice.
Catholicism, Islam, Astrology, Scientology are all things one chooses to believe in, and not something you are born with.
Why should Catholics be immune from ridicule whilst David Icke isn't? Just because there are more of them? Believing that the world is run by a race of alien lizards, or that we are decended from Thetans doesn't seem any more daft to me than transubstantiation or the concept of original sin. It's all a load of bollocks.
"Interestingly made point about it being okay to ridicule people for something that is their own choice. Not really. It's still ignorant. Sure it's okay to disagree with beliefs, but not to foster hatred of communities through mockery, and this could be the (unintended) consequence of your ridicule."
So we can't ridicule Astrology? Scientology? David Icke?
Come off it. Just because nonsense is popular doesn't make is any less nonsensical.
Not the same thing
Being Jewish, Catholic, Muslim or whatever, are something you CHOOSE to be and therefore are valid subjects for ridicule.
Being a homosexual, Welsh, or both, is something you're born with, and are not.
Are we all clear now?
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps