Some things never change
and others just get worse. I used to think my Dad's solution to the civil service population was a bit extreme, now I find that I agree with him but instead of 2/3rds it should be 75% of them lined up against a wall and shot and the other 25% made to do a proper days work like everyone else.
I used to argue that they should be sacked not shot, he would argue that the compensation paid out to the families would be less than the wages and index linked pensions.
Looks like he was right :P
Stop sign, the civil service is probably big enough for a 200% population growth already