8 posts • joined 5 Oct 2007
I like ads. I don't want to block them, only those from Phorm.
Safari is the answer
Because their complete business model blows up if nobody sees the ads -- that is, if the ads are always blocked. Who will pay them for that?
Safari does it?
In the Guardian today, it says that Safari, unlike other browsers, automatically blocks such ads. Is this true? If so, let's all get Macs!
The only thing to do is...
fix some high-profile election so that somebody gets a thousand times as many votes as there are electors, with of course no hard-copy backup for checking. Would they take notice then?
Even less is used...
... if you have a thermostat. Things on standby emit a little heat very efficiently, so you don't use so much of your central heating. You may even be saving!! In this country, anyway, the heating is on most of the year. Of course you could save much more by turning the thermo down by a half degree.
Thought that term was banned. The gov doesn't know it's called IT.
Cost of a SQL query
Enormous expense? 'select ..., ..., from ...'?
Oh, I see, that's your funny word for 'boffin'.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it