4 posts • joined 28 Feb 2007
Re: High performance Java
The disruptor should really be used with primitives only, not complex types since that will increase the gc:s needed. And it's not the disruptor per se that is causing the gc:s, it's the rest of the system.
The disruptor and the lmax guys are running so far out in the performance envelope that even normal minor gc:s induce jitter in their latency.
It's not over...
Remember the verdict will be appealed which in Sweden is pretty important. In the first court (tingsrätten, county court for the swedish challenged) the majority of the court members are laymen with no legal schooling. They are politically appointed. The appeals court, however, do not have any laymen and so it might very well be a different verdict there.
Not entirely correct...
'This is because Java stops to collect garbage from application transactions'
Later versions of the suns java vm does support other garbage collect models, like the mostly concurrent mark-sweep collector where gc:ing does not interrupt the execution of the vm.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad