1 post • joined Tuesday 2nd October 2007 21:29 GMT
I bought the same as bioeddie - ie a Maxtor 500gb External Hard Drive from PC World in Stockport, Greater Manchester, a few days ago. Connected it up and exactly the same thing happenned. Luckily I am running AVG anti virus which spotted exactly the same Trojan horse.
When I looked on the drive itself it contained the ghost.pif file as well as an autorun file.
I am returning it to the store tomorrow so I'll see what sort of reaction I get!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst