1 post • joined 2 Oct 2007
I bought the same as bioeddie - ie a Maxtor 500gb External Hard Drive from PC World in Stockport, Greater Manchester, a few days ago. Connected it up and exactly the same thing happenned. Luckily I am running AVG anti virus which spotted exactly the same Trojan horse.
When I looked on the drive itself it contained the ghost.pif file as well as an autorun file.
I am returning it to the store tomorrow so I'll see what sort of reaction I get!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs