1 post • joined 2 Oct 2007
I bought the same as bioeddie - ie a Maxtor 500gb External Hard Drive from PC World in Stockport, Greater Manchester, a few days ago. Connected it up and exactly the same thing happenned. Luckily I am running AVG anti virus which spotted exactly the same Trojan horse.
When I looked on the drive itself it contained the ghost.pif file as well as an autorun file.
I am returning it to the store tomorrow so I'll see what sort of reaction I get!
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market