Fantastic Customer Service, As Always
Here's BT's word for word reply to my support request on this. Of particular delight is the sentence "As it is already been secure, there will not be a necessary to obtain a patch to address this vulnerability."
Thank you for your e-mail dated 9th October 2007, your e-mail has been logged under the reference number xxxx.
I am writing further to the concerns which you have raised about the security vulnerability with the BT Home Hub. You wish to know where to obtain a patch to address this vulnerability.
Please note that BT Home Hub has many advanced features. The BT Home Hub has been designed for all current and future BT Total Broadband services - including high-speed Internet access, cheap broadband phone calls, wireless Internet, BT Fusion and more - all from one box. Key benefits include:
• Security: An enhanced security package to keep you, your computer, and your family safe and secure
• Wireless: Advanced features to free you from restrictive wires and help you connect to multiple PCs, printers, and games consoles
• Gaming: Features to help you match your skills against the best gamers in the world
• Remote updating: Get access to new products and services as they are launched
• BT Broadband Talk: Make the most of great value calling plans, low cost calls over your PC, and video calls
Please be informed that wireless routers use various security technologies to prevent unauthorised users connecting to the Internet over your wireless network. The BT Home Hub or BT Voyager Wireless routers, Voyager 2091 for example, are preset with WEP wireless security and are protected by a key known as a wireless network key. WEP security offers protection against unwanted connections on a typical home/small office network. As it is already been secure, there will not be a necessary to obtain a patch to address this vulnerability. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. Please visit the following link for more information about secured wireless connection:
If you need any further assistance with your BT Total Broadband service, please visit our website http://www.bt.com/broadband/help for solutions to most technical questions and to contact us in future.
Thank you for using BT Total Broadband.
BT Total Broadband Support Team