3 posts • joined 27 Feb 2007
Re: Thanks dad, but....
Plus, wouldn't they be the first children in history to actually WANT their Dad's iTunes library?
Just want to congratulate the headline writer for this article - or at least, the subhead writer...
Nokia E61 + Mac + wi-fi works fine
In response to Rob's query about smart2go and Macs, the problem pretty much goes away if you have a wi-fi-enabled handset like the Nokia E61.
It's not totally plain sailing, in that the app downloaded to the phone over my wi-fi/DSL home network but for some reason wouldn't install. However, downloading smart2go to the Mac and then bluetoothing it over to the phone worked fine. Once the program was installed, there was no problem at all downloading the map data directly over the wi-fi link.
If your phone doesn't have wi-fi then yes, this and many other navigation/location based services are going to be a problem for Mac users. Yet another reason to look forward to flat-rate mobile data packages.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA