1 post • joined 24 Sep 2007
I have all three types of external drives attached to my computer so I just ran a brief test ... here's the result:
USB 2.0 Burst - 29 MB/sec ... Avg 29 MB/sec
FW Burst - 40 MB/sec ... Avg 40 MB/sec
eSATA Burst - 115MB/sec ... Avg 58 MB/sec (this is a SATA 1 drive)
eSATA is clearly superior in all respects.
One of the advantages of eSATA is that is is not seen as a removable device by NT based O/Ses and you can easily install your O/S on an eSATA drive.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle