1 post • joined Monday 24th September 2007 16:36 GMT
I have all three types of external drives attached to my computer so I just ran a brief test ... here's the result:
USB 2.0 Burst - 29 MB/sec ... Avg 29 MB/sec
FW Burst - 40 MB/sec ... Avg 40 MB/sec
eSATA Burst - 115MB/sec ... Avg 58 MB/sec (this is a SATA 1 drive)
eSATA is clearly superior in all respects.
One of the advantages of eSATA is that is is not seen as a removable device by NT based O/Ses and you can easily install your O/S on an eSATA drive.
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab