1 post • joined 24 Sep 2007
I have all three types of external drives attached to my computer so I just ran a brief test ... here's the result:
USB 2.0 Burst - 29 MB/sec ... Avg 29 MB/sec
FW Burst - 40 MB/sec ... Avg 40 MB/sec
eSATA Burst - 115MB/sec ... Avg 58 MB/sec (this is a SATA 1 drive)
eSATA is clearly superior in all respects.
One of the advantages of eSATA is that is is not seen as a removable device by NT based O/Ses and you can easily install your O/S on an eSATA drive.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way