1 post • joined 24 Sep 2007
I have all three types of external drives attached to my computer so I just ran a brief test ... here's the result:
USB 2.0 Burst - 29 MB/sec ... Avg 29 MB/sec
FW Burst - 40 MB/sec ... Avg 40 MB/sec
eSATA Burst - 115MB/sec ... Avg 58 MB/sec (this is a SATA 1 drive)
eSATA is clearly superior in all respects.
One of the advantages of eSATA is that is is not seen as a removable device by NT based O/Ses and you can easily install your O/S on an eSATA drive.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…