2 posts • joined 20 Sep 2007
Not choppers... Iridium flares
A silent chopper turning on its searchlight for a couple of seconds... that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw a really bright Iridium satellite flare.
They vary, but the brightest (magnitude -9) are astonishing and can be seen in broad daylight. You can look up the times on the web or get widgets to do it for you. See "Satellite flare" in Wikipedia for links.
While the official Mac version of OpenOffice.org is still in the works, the NeoOffice Mac port is available from NeoOffice.org. This is currently based on OOo 2.2.1 code, but no doubt they will soon have it updated ot 2.3
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab