2 posts • joined 20 Sep 2007
Not choppers... Iridium flares
A silent chopper turning on its searchlight for a couple of seconds... that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw a really bright Iridium satellite flare.
They vary, but the brightest (magnitude -9) are astonishing and can be seen in broad daylight. You can look up the times on the web or get widgets to do it for you. See "Satellite flare" in Wikipedia for links.
While the official Mac version of OpenOffice.org is still in the works, the NeoOffice Mac port is available from NeoOffice.org. This is currently based on OOo 2.2.1 code, but no doubt they will soon have it updated ot 2.3
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait