1 post • joined 19 Sep 2007
Secure the information
Good article, high;ighted the required move away from tactical security implementations towards a more strategic view.
For a while now I have been talking to business about securing the information in a structure was and as part of the project the will create/use that information. This is a fundimental shift from the traditional security model of securing the network. This is still required, however business need to understand that the target of attack is the data/information, not the network.
Security 3.0 should be a natural step forward for most organisations as increased controls from SOX, PCI etc impact on how projects are delivered.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star