1 post • joined 19 Sep 2007
Secure the information
Good article, high;ighted the required move away from tactical security implementations towards a more strategic view.
For a while now I have been talking to business about securing the information in a structure was and as part of the project the will create/use that information. This is a fundimental shift from the traditional security model of securing the network. This is still required, however business need to understand that the target of attack is the data/information, not the network.
Security 3.0 should be a natural step forward for most organisations as increased controls from SOX, PCI etc impact on how projects are delivered.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON