Yes, I agree 100% with your comments. I am a linux head, I did not own a ps3. Now they are unlocked I have purchased one, with intent to make it my lounge room computer/media center. I have recently installed debian linux on it, and, well, it needs some work yet, but I'll enjoy helping improve it to the point where I can boot the ps3 normally for official bluray disks, or boot linux and use it for everything I currently use my dated laptop for.
I bet, infact know, lots of people are buying ps3s now they can do a lot more with them. Being cracked will sell more units of ps3, push the numbers sony use to woo developers, and pirates will pirate and consumers will still legitimately consume. Game publishers will make just as much money from the ps3 now, as they do from the xbox 360.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth