Spot the non-parents
I never found any reason to re-install my last XP system over the three or four years I had it. Didn't seem to have any virus problems and I only got rid of it to upgrade to 7.
My kids' computers were another story entirely. Every day they grew five new toolbars and some new thing had pwned them generating popups about casinos whatever. Several times I had to re-install after it would have been just too time-consuming to defeat the malware du jour. And yes I did try making them login as non-administrators but many games are very poorly written and I got endless complaints of "But Dad, Lucy's Little Horsebox 3 says Access Denied".
I don't even want to think about superphones in the family!
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire