Witchcraft Act of 1735 AFAIK is repealed
The witchcraft act had a minor problem
It banned all claims to be able to summon spirits, tell fortunes _AND_ PREDICT THE WEATHER.
I definitely recall someone remembering that one after the Met Office hurricane incident in 1987 and filing a lawsuit. Not sure if the act got nuked in court or there was a parliamentary intervention. In any case, I remember my mom (who is a career met elsewhere in EU) and her colleagues giggling about that one for may years after that.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops