Yes and no
Yes he was fired for 2 cents worth of electricity (charging a Segway for 1.5 hours). Except that, as the linked report makes very clear, his firing was considered disproportionate by an industrial tribunal and he was reinstated; not least because the same firm quite happily let people charge their mobile phones at work.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire