The Bue Nowhere
For sheer unadulterated techoporn, try Jeffery Deaver's _The Blue Nowhere_.
Set around 2000 in the early days of commercialising the web. It features astounding viruses, astonishing feats of decryption and of encryption as an automatic response to incoming hackers.
And it has all the techie, nerdy words you can think of, many of them strung together in sentences more reminiscent of Willam Burrough's cut-up writing than of deep technical knowledge:
> But the leaders of the Knights [a legendary hacking crew] were skilled
> software writers, so good that they didn't even bother to compile
> many of their programs....
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...