"Its not like you can 'SLI' 2 identical raidcards to get twice the throughput for 1 array."
Indeed, I know what you mean - near impossible to do with multiple parity RAID cards.
But - actually, I did once upon have a pair of IDE RAID cards that allowed you to do just that. They were of the fake/BIOS RAID type, and I cannot remember off the top of my head if they were based on the Promise or HPT chipset, but the BIOS on the first card detected and initialized all similar cards in the system and presented you with the disks from all the cards to use in one big RAID array. It could do this precisely because it was fake/BIOS/software RAID.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...