Governments are out of touch and out of their depth
They are fighting a battle that will never be won. In fact they have probably only made it worse.
Once upon a time Torrents were limited to just a few in the know, then through these campaigns more and more people came to know of torrents and sites just like the Pirate Bay.
When The Pirate Bay is forced to close, 10 will spring up to replace it. In fact I can think of 10 other Torrent sites right now.
I can think of at least 2 which are special membership - supported by small donations...
It will never end and governments and record companies etc will never win.
Files have always been shared and always will.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging