Reading for comprehension
The OP said CDs *and* DVDs. I also backup my DVDs to my server, for exactly the same reason that people rip CDs to MP3 - ease of access. My DVDs remain in MPEG2 format and average about 4.5 GB per film, or 6 GB per disk of a series. Hence it's very easy to hit 4TB with a mix of DVDs and CDs. If you add in Blu-Ray rips at approx 30 GB per film, your disk space is rapidly consumed.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users