Re. recovering the domain
Having spent about 2 months trying to get Network Solutions to release a domain by request of the owner I'm also rather amazed that they released it by a single letter. Maybe things were different back then, but they really wouldn't lose it these days.
As for the domain itself, I'm not sure it's really worth that kindof money as back in the early days people would probably type it in when looking for anything remotely porn related, but now there's Google for that so can it really make the money back anymore?
Regarding the mysterious company who bought it - whats the betting it'll turn out this is related to one of the people from the company who currently "own" it and very likely one of the people who sent them into bankrupcy in the first place.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month