Narrative games are always disappointing
Dumbly following someone else's linear plot just makes for a dull game. A good game creates situations that the *player* wants to tell stories about. There's a huge difference between a story writer and a game designer. Both are fine art forms, but why do story writers think they can just write a story in game-form and it will become a good game?
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun