I have to question your assertion that 3's network is excellent and 'covers most of the country'. It's not particularly great - 3G is still some way off its touted broadband speeds - and 3's coverage is pretty patchy outside urban centres.
Notwithstanding that, a very interesting article, and one wonders what the implications might be for Apple/ O2's 'free Wifi, but you have to pay £35 a month for the tariff' idea.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire