Right the first time really.
"non-IT news related story" implies it is a "story" not related to "IT News"
"non-IT related news story" implies it is a "news story" not related to "IT"
since the article is a "news story" (a telling of recent factual events), rather than a "story" (a narrative piece of writing either fiction or non-fiction, not necessarily recent in either case), the original grammar works best.
For more insight please read my latest book:
Mein Kampf (gegen die schlechte Grammatik)
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market