Right the first time really.
"non-IT news related story" implies it is a "story" not related to "IT News"
"non-IT related news story" implies it is a "news story" not related to "IT"
since the article is a "news story" (a telling of recent factual events), rather than a "story" (a narrative piece of writing either fiction or non-fiction, not necessarily recent in either case), the original grammar works best.
For more insight please read my latest book:
Mein Kampf (gegen die schlechte Grammatik)
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes