My Plasma trouble fixed by Pansonic
In Jan 2004 my neighbour got a new toy- a Panasonic Plasma TV.
All radio from radio 4 198 khz to shortwave 30 Mhz was blotted out, not FM radio 4 (95 Mhz) as some have incorrectly concluded.Tests proved it could be heard 400m away!
To cut a very long story short 11 months later Pansonic engineer arrived from their UK HQ with a replacement screen which completely cured the problem.
Panasonic took measurements before and after so they including their Japanese HQ know of the
problem and how to cure it.
I have since found out that some Toshiba sets which used the same screen gave similar problems.
My cooperative neighbour was rewarded with a considerably brighter picture !
Panasonic engineer admitted that he had dealt with several other cases.
Please note that I have no objection to the majority of Plasmas including most Panasonics which do
not cause inteference,everyone has a right to interference free reception whatever someone elses view of Radio 4 or any other station may happen to be.
Have been hearing some Plasmas are OK for about 2 years then something deteriorates so interference starts to be a problem.
Didnt involve Ofcom as they are less use than a chocolate fireguard.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst