My Plasma trouble fixed by Pansonic
In Jan 2004 my neighbour got a new toy- a Panasonic Plasma TV.
All radio from radio 4 198 khz to shortwave 30 Mhz was blotted out, not FM radio 4 (95 Mhz) as some have incorrectly concluded.Tests proved it could be heard 400m away!
To cut a very long story short 11 months later Pansonic engineer arrived from their UK HQ with a replacement screen which completely cured the problem.
Panasonic took measurements before and after so they including their Japanese HQ know of the
problem and how to cure it.
I have since found out that some Toshiba sets which used the same screen gave similar problems.
My cooperative neighbour was rewarded with a considerably brighter picture !
Panasonic engineer admitted that he had dealt with several other cases.
Please note that I have no objection to the majority of Plasmas including most Panasonics which do
not cause inteference,everyone has a right to interference free reception whatever someone elses view of Radio 4 or any other station may happen to be.
Have been hearing some Plasmas are OK for about 2 years then something deteriorates so interference starts to be a problem.
Didnt involve Ofcom as they are less use than a chocolate fireguard.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots