My Plasma trouble fixed by Pansonic
In Jan 2004 my neighbour got a new toy- a Panasonic Plasma TV.
All radio from radio 4 198 khz to shortwave 30 Mhz was blotted out, not FM radio 4 (95 Mhz) as some have incorrectly concluded.Tests proved it could be heard 400m away!
To cut a very long story short 11 months later Pansonic engineer arrived from their UK HQ with a replacement screen which completely cured the problem.
Panasonic took measurements before and after so they including their Japanese HQ know of the
problem and how to cure it.
I have since found out that some Toshiba sets which used the same screen gave similar problems.
My cooperative neighbour was rewarded with a considerably brighter picture !
Panasonic engineer admitted that he had dealt with several other cases.
Please note that I have no objection to the majority of Plasmas including most Panasonics which do
not cause inteference,everyone has a right to interference free reception whatever someone elses view of Radio 4 or any other station may happen to be.
Have been hearing some Plasmas are OK for about 2 years then something deteriorates so interference starts to be a problem.
Didnt involve Ofcom as they are less use than a chocolate fireguard.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?