Uhmm, perhaps wireless communication is enabled because pacemakers/ICDs are fully implantable devices. With no wires that stick out through the skin. Why no wires? Because of the severe immunological security breach that would result, namely bacteria would cross the break in your skin and infect your pacemaker in about a week or so. Oh, and infect the wires running into your heart.
To prevent unauthorized wireless pacemaker transmissions, try wearing a tinfoil hat and vest.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat