When will they give up...
..with these mechanical disk-based systems?
There is no way on earth we will be able to push these disk-based systems at any practical level in the future for these kinds of storage. The read/write bandwidth is, as you say, just silly.
Static optically interfaced or solid state devices are the future and no mistake.
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- More than half of Windows 8 users just treat it like Windows 7