"Let's be clear here. Microsoft has not stopped innovating."... "It's just that with so many of these projects, Microsoft is a follower not a leader."
You are contradicting yourself there. If Microsoft is a follower then it is by definition not innovating. Personally I can't recall the last time there was any 'innovation' out of Microsoft.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire