Ain't that typical....
Typical - we've been monitoring the iPlayer situation for weeks and then this happens.
You see, when the iPad was first launched in the US the iPlayer did work - it simply treated the iPad as an iPhone. However, about three weeks ago the BBC disabled support for the iPad - which is why we suggested using Sphere as a workaround.
We knew that the BBC was working on the iPlayer Big Screen site but what we'd heard from the BBC led us to believe that it wouldn't be ready for the iPad's UK launch......
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst