Ain't that typical....
Typical - we've been monitoring the iPlayer situation for weeks and then this happens.
You see, when the iPad was first launched in the US the iPlayer did work - it simply treated the iPad as an iPhone. However, about three weeks ago the BBC disabled support for the iPad - which is why we suggested using Sphere as a workaround.
We knew that the BBC was working on the iPlayer Big Screen site but what we'd heard from the BBC led us to believe that it wouldn't be ready for the iPad's UK launch......
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Vid Mysterious BEAM outside London Googleplex ZAPPED