Ain't that typical....
Typical - we've been monitoring the iPlayer situation for weeks and then this happens.
You see, when the iPad was first launched in the US the iPlayer did work - it simply treated the iPad as an iPhone. However, about three weeks ago the BBC disabled support for the iPad - which is why we suggested using Sphere as a workaround.
We knew that the BBC was working on the iPlayer Big Screen site but what we'd heard from the BBC led us to believe that it wouldn't be ready for the iPad's UK launch......
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders