re: So what
Not only will it prevent third parties from seeing what you're searching. They won't be able to if you're searching something, downloading something over some encrypted connection or doing whatever else one could possibly do over an internet connection using encrypted traffic.
The only two parties who know will be you and the side you're connecting with, Google in this case.
For one, this would be a good way to kill DPI for good.
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?