re: So what
Not only will it prevent third parties from seeing what you're searching. They won't be able to if you're searching something, downloading something over some encrypted connection or doing whatever else one could possibly do over an internet connection using encrypted traffic.
The only two parties who know will be you and the side you're connecting with, Google in this case.
For one, this would be a good way to kill DPI for good.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...