re: So what
Not only will it prevent third parties from seeing what you're searching. They won't be able to if you're searching something, downloading something over some encrypted connection or doing whatever else one could possibly do over an internet connection using encrypted traffic.
The only two parties who know will be you and the side you're connecting with, Google in this case.
For one, this would be a good way to kill DPI for good.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats