Future of SPARC: Come Quickly
Gavin Clarke writes, "Looking ahead, Ellison's promised that in September, at the company's annual OpenWorld conference in San Francisco, California, Oracle would deliver two new Exadata appliances running Sun hardware and Oracle software."
The T processors are really amazing little power houses - running 13 Solaris containers on first generation single socket boxes, without breaking a sweat, is not unusual.
I hope the UltraSPARC T3 appears before or around then - I have two serious business needs, but that time frame is cutting it too close to immovable deadlines...
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire